OFRM can provide advice and assistance to you in family violence matters including:
- General advice about family violence and its relationship with family law and intervention orders
- Representation at court in intervention order matters
- Advice to family members and friends assisting those effected by family violence
- Advice and representation in family law property and children’s matters where family violence is an issue
- Advice on how intervention orders intersect with family law children’s orders and property settlements
- Advice on the pathways available for working out arrangements for children when there is family violence
- Advice and representation on family law orders that may be useful where there is family violence like orders for sole use and occupation of the home, urgent child support, urgent spousal maintenance, recovery orders, family law restraints including restraints against use of bank accounts, mortgage redraws
If you need assistance in these areas please phone 03 5445 1000 and speak to one of our family lawyers.
In addition, as recommended by www.ourwatch.org.au
“If you or someone you know is impacted by sexual assault, domestic, or family violence, call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visit 1800RESPECT.org.au. In an emergency, call 000. For more information about a service in your state or local area download the DAISY App in the App Store or Google Play.”
The website familyviolence.courts.vic.gov.au is a new resource of the Magistrates Court of Victoria that provide vital information regarding intervention orders. It includes a “quick exit” button and advice about how to clear your browser history to protect your safety.
Still have questions?
Call us on 03 5445 1000 or visit our Family Violence FAQ where many common questions are answered.