O’Farrell Robertson McMahon has been providing excellent legal advice to individuals, families and businesses in Bendigo and throughout Central and Northern Victoria for many years.
Many leading businesses in our area rely on excellent guidance and advice from OFRM. Our lawyers pride themselves in being able to work with you to ensure that you and your business benefits from our legal skills and knowledge.
The OFRM team is able to help you with all of the issues that can face a modern regional business including:
- Implementing the right corporate structure for your business
- Developing an owner’s agreement setting out the rights and responsibilities of owners, solving any issues including buying and selling before they arise
- Assisting you with succession planning for your business
- Employment law issues including contracts of employment, employment disputes, employment policies and procedures
- Debtor management
- Getting your business ready for sale and conducting the sale
- Due diligence on purchasing a business and conducting the purchase of the business
- Conveyancing for the sale and purchase of land
- Retail and Commercial leases
- Securing your interest in assets through mortgages and the Personal Property Security Register
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Assisting you with the legal requirements of establishing and managing Trusts and Self-Managed Super Funds
- Farm leases and other farming legal issues
- Risk Management
- Contracts and agreements
- Business litigation
- Planning issues
- Building and construction issues including advice on contracts and dispute resolution
- Legal Issues for the food and hospitality industry including liquor licensing, food regulation, leases, planning law * and disputes
- Assisting Incorporated Associations and Not For Profit organisations with their legal structures, planning, reporting and issues
Our Business Law Team
When you are in business, you need a lawyer who can work with you to make sure your business avoids legal issues. When things go wrong you want a lawyer you can trust to help you resolve situations with minimal disruption to your business.
Riley Driscoll works with her clients to provide assistance and reassurance in navigating legal matters in your business.
Riley understands the pressures on business owners “while any lawyer can look at a matter and consider the legal problem, I love the challenge of doing what lots of lawyers don’t – working with clients to get the outcome at the right time, minimising expense and stress letting you get on with running your business”.
Riley can assist you with all legal matters concerning your business. Riley also works in our wills and estates team, particularly in court matters.
Recent Business Law Articles
Contracts for the sale of a business can be subject to any number of conditions being set. Signing is just the beginning.
Superannuation payments to employees are compulsory and there are serious ramifications if not paid on time.
Each employee has a set of rights and entitlements under the National Employement Standards and as an employer you need to notify them of their rights.
Banks, as the mortgagee on a landlord's property, must consent to the lease of that property to a tenant.
Registering your business name properly is the first step in protecting it.