Are you looking for a career in the law?
Conveyancing Legal Assistant and Accounts Clerk (applications close 4pm on 31 August)
Due to our long term conveyancing assistant heading off on maternity leave later this year O'Farrell Robertson McMahon Lawyers have an exciting opportunity for an administrative assistant to join our Conveyancing team.
While the opportunity has arisen because of a baby on the way, this is not a maternity leave position, instead we are taking this opportunity to expand our conveyancing and finance support team with this new position which will provide administrative assistance to the lawyers and conveyancers as well as provide backfill for our accounts clerk as required. It is a terrific opening for a legal assistant to take the next step in their legal career.
OFRM is a modern and innovative regional law firm with a strong commitment to providing exceptional service to our clients and continuously improving how we go about our work. OFRM also values our staff and provides a comprehensive suite of support to our employees.
This is a full-time role providing administration support to a team of lawyers and our Finance & Administration manger with duties including:
- Administrative support for the Conveyancing team, working in both the traditional conveyancing format and increasingly through the PEXA online conveyancing platform
- Complete administrative tasks for the conveyancing team including opening files, preparing and sending correspondence
- Assist lawyers with day-to-day file and diary management, including managing priorities and tasks
- Assist lawyers and conveyancers in the preparation of conveyancing documents such as vendor statements and contracts including completing property searches and preparing draft documents
- Liaise with real estate agents, banks, clients and others by telephone, email and in person
- Manage the OFRM Verification of Identity system
- Work with the conveyancing team to manage settlements
- Accounts Clerk backfill including account processing including trust account, client billing, accounts payable/receivable, general payroll, assistance with month-end reporting
- Backfill reception and support for other Legal Assistants as needed
It would be great if you had experience working in a law firm, especially if it was in conveyancing or accounts. If not, we'd still like to receive an application from you if you have strong administration skills which demonstrate you would be an excellent legal assistant.
This position is for immediate start so please submit your apply via Seek and send us a brief summary outlining why you think you are exactly what we need and a copy of your resume by 4pm on Thursday 31 August.
A career at OFRM
OFRM is always on the lookout for people passionate about living and working in Bendigo to join their team. Experienced and not so experienced lawyers are encouraged to talk to us about a career at OFRM.
OFRM from time to time offers traineeships to law graduates and work placements to law students and practical training course students.
OFRM also welcomes enquiries from individuals wishing to work as a paralegal or legal assistant. Such enquiries are welcome from people with experience in the legal industry, as well as those with general experience and from school and university leavers.
To enquire further please email your details to email@example.com.
Benefits of working at OFRM
All staff receive:
- Income Protection Insurance under a group policy for all full time employees and part-time employees and casual employees working more than 10 hours per week. Policy provides for 75% of salary up to age 65 with a 90 day waiting period and can be continued after leaving OFRM.
- Annual health check provided through Bendigo Community Heath with a registered health practitioner, including follow up calls if required
- Annual flu immunisation
- Provision of fruit in the office
- Provision of supplies for lunch in the office
- Health education sessions
- Employee Assistance Program providing up to 5 confidential counselling sessions per financial year with our affiliated counsellor for yourself or an immediate family member
- Flexibility in the hours worked from week to week
- Celebrations including birthday’s, special occasions and Christmas celebrations
- Social club and other social activities
- Match employee charity/community group donations dollar-for-dollar up to $100 per annum per employee
- Volunteer Services Leave of 15 hours per year paid to volunteer with a charity/community group during the week
- OFRM legal services
- Free Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Discounted conveyancing
- Discounted rates for other legal services
For lawyers OFRM will also pay for memberships, professional indemnity insurance and CPD training necessary to keep credentials current, plus provide an iPad with apps and a data plan.